Combination of coconut and Orange is a match made in heaven! The cake is really moist with great texture and absolutely flavorful. The sweetness of the cake is balanced with tanginess from the dried cranberries. A very healthy cake made with combination of sorghum flour, amaranth flour and whole wheat flour. The cake looks bright and beautiful too!
- Wheat flour 1/2 cup
- Jowar flour 1/4 cup
- Amaranth flour 1/4 cup
- Orange marmalade 3 tablespoon
- Warm water 1/4 cup approx, just enough to dissolve the marmalade.
- Orange zest 1 teaspoon
- Organic raw sugar 1/2 cup
- Desiccated coconut 1/3 cup
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Egg 1
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Dried cranberries 1/8 cup
- Baking soda 1/4 teaspoon
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt a pinch
- Soak desiccated coconut in warm milk for half an hour.
- Sieve the flour with baking soda, baking powder and salt for 5-6 times.
- Mix Orange marmalade in warm water and keep aside.
- Beat egg till it doubles in volume.
- Add sugar to this and beat till light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, water-Orange marmalade mixture.
- Add flours and milk-coconut mixture alternatively.
- Fold them lightly until they’re are incorporated, do not over mix.
- Batter will be of pouring consistency.
- Pour in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle cranberries on the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- I love baking using combination of flours for my bakes, you may use only wheat flour or Maida.
- Good quality orange marmalade is important for a beautiful flavor.
- Use little milk if the batter is too dry.
- Baking time and temperature as per your oven.