Mojito is such a refreshing drink, cocktail or mocktail, either ways I love Mojito. A prefect summer drink which is always revitalizing. For me it’s Mojito any time of the year!
In this brownie recipe I have incorporated the flavors of Mojito. Both mint and lime together give a very refreshing feel and taste to these brownies. Mint is known for its lovely flavor and aroma along with lime zest. It is without alcohol, Rum can be added here if wanted for a more authentic taste.
These brownies are healthy made with oats and less amount of butter without compromising much on taste and texture. You can make it more indulgent by adding extra butter and bake with refined flour.
- Oats flour 1/2 cup
- Whole wheat 2 tablespoon
- Butter 1/4 cup
- Dark chocolate 80g
- Cocoa powder 1 tablespoon
- Eggs 2
- Organic raw Sugar 1/2 cup
- Lime zest of 2 lime
- Lime juice 1 tablespoon
- Salt a pinch
- Mint leaves paste-approx 20 mint leaves
- Mint essence 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Baking soda 1/4 teaspoon
- Choco chip 1/4 cup
- Double boil the butter and chocolate or microwave it for 30 seconds. Mix both together to form a chocolate sauce.
- Mix the dry ingredients- oats flour, wheat flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- Beat the eggs till light and fluffy for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat till creamy.
- Mix the mint leaves paste, lime juice, lime zest and the mint essence.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture, mix well.
- Fold in the dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Finally add the choco chips.
- Pour in a parchment lined cake tin and bake at 160-170 degrees Celsius for 25-30 minutes.
- Do not over bake, after 25 minutes check with a tooth pick if the crumbs stick to the tooth pick it’s perfectly done. Like cakes, brownies don’t come out clean on toothpick. If you let it bake for some more time it looses the fudgy gooey texture of brownies.
- Use a parchment or baking sheet to bake brownies because they tend to stick to the tin even if your baking dish is properly greased.
- When your brownie is out hot from the oven just bring both sides of the parchment sheet towards each other to achieve this lovely crinckled top. This has to be done when the brownies are hot.