I love coconut and somehow it combines so well with every flavor without losing it’s own flavor, in fact it gives that extra zing. I found the combination of mango and coconut so delicious in these cookies. The cookies are crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy inside. If you like soft and chewy cookies you are going to love this flavor combo. Since it is mango season it the best that you can try.
The cookies are healthy, like every other cookie recipe of mine. It is made with combination of whole wheat flour and chick pea flour without use of any leavening agents so it’s prefect to give to your toddler.
- Chick pea flour 1/2 cup
- Organic Whole wheat flour 1/2 cup
- Desiccated coconut 1/4 cup
- Mango pulp 1/4 cup
- Organic raw Sugar 1/4 cup
- Mango essence 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter 60g
- Mango fruit leather bits to place on the top
- Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add desiccated coconut and mango essence.
- Add mango pulp and mix well.
- Add the flours and form a soft dough.
- This would be a sticky dough so you have to refrigerate it for 1 to 2 hours.
- Take portions to form cookies, press them between your palm and place on the baking tray lined with parchment sheet.
- Form an impression with your finger on the cookie and place mango leather bits.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Sugar amount depends upon the sweetness of the mango.
- You can use nuts instead of mango leather.
- You can use mango crush when mangoes are not in season.
- Baking time and temperature as per your oven.