I had sprouted ragi at home so I wanted to try out this healthy cutlet. Ragi is highly nutriticious with calcium, iron, vitamin C. Sprouted ragi is super food with all nutrients doubling up! I still feed my little one sprouted ragi flour porridge everyday for breakfast.
I came up with this idea of using sprouted ragi for my cutlet from Chef Ajay Chopra’s show on FoodFood. He had used whole sprouted ragi but I had ground it coarsely. It still gave nice crunchiness to the cutlets. You can use either ways but I preferred it to be slightly ground. Sprouted ragi paired up well with chicken in this cutlet. We had it as burger patty with beet root bread. You can check my other baked cutlet baked root vegetable cutlet, baked poha raw banana potato cutlet.
- Sprouted ragi 1/3 cup
- Boneless chicken 250 g
- Potato 1/2 cup, boiled
- Carrots 1/2 cup, boiled
- Oats 3/4 to 1 cup
- Onion 1 medium, chopped
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilies 2, chopped
- Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves 1/3 cup, finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Partially cook the chicken, cool it and grind with some salt and pepper. I did not grind to a fine paste.
- Coarsely grind the sprouted ragi.
- Mash the boiled potatoes and carrots, add the ground ragi and chicken, add chopped onions, ginger and garlic paste, green chilies, garam masala, black pepper, roasted cumin powder, coriander leaves and oats.
- Combine everything well, add more oats if the the mixture feels it has more moisture.
- Give shape to the cutlets with the help of a cutlet mould and place them on a greased baking dish, drizzle some oil on the top and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes and grill for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy the hot and crispy sprouted ragi chicken cutlet.
- Oats is used to soak up the moisture here so use it as required.
- I have baked in microwave convection oven. In a regular oven you may need to flip the cutlets half away. Check the time and temperature with your oven.