Gondhoraj lime and Syracuse grilled chicken is an aromatic, flavorful and delicious dish which gets ready in a jiffy. The Syracuse spice along with the Gondhoraj lebu has made this dish highly flavorful. The smell of Gondhoraj Lebu or the Aroma King lime is intoxicating. A person from Eastern India would be more familiar with Gondhoraj Lebu. Sometimes it’s referred to as kafir lime but it’s not, kafir lime is milder in flavor and taste than the aroma king lime. As Gondhoraj Lebu isn’t easily available other than the Eastern states, kafir lime can be used as a replacement for it in this recipe.
The other flavorful ingredient here is the Sprig’s Syracuse spice Blend which is a fusion of fruity, floral, fiery spice mix.
- Chicken breast 2
- Garlic grated 1 teaspoon
- Ginger grated 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilly paste of 1 chilly
- Syracuse spice 1 tablespoon
- Gondhoraj lime juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt per taste
- Coriander leaves, 2 tablespoon chopped
- Clean and dry the chicken breast and place on a kitchen napkin. Cover the chicken with the napkin and press it with a rolling pin to flatten the surface.
- Marinate the chicken breasts with garlic, ginger, chilly paste, salt, Gondhoraj lime juice and Syracuse spice.
- Rub the marinade well on the chicken breasts and refrigerate it for two hours.
- Heat a grill pan to smoking hot, drizzle a little oil in the pan and place the chicken breasts.
- Cook for 2 minutes on high flame for the grill marks to occur, then reduce the flame and cook the chicken from both sides, each side taking approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Garnish with some chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.