Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? And addition of coconut here has made these already delicious cookies extra yum! This is my first egg based cookie recipe that I’m posting here. I made this few months ago but not finding time to blog. Life with a 2 year old toddler is quite exhausting.. phew! I sometimes wonder how people manage 2-3 kids when one is so hard to deal with! Anyway, coming back to the recipe, With my experiments I have observed that egg based cookies are quite tasty and require less butter. They have lovely texture and crunchy too. So nowadays I bake most of my cookies with eggs.
My other simple cookie recipes that you can have a look.
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Desiccated coconut 1/4 cup
- Chocolate chips 1/4 cup
- Organic raw sugar 1/3 cup
- Butter 30 g
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Egg 1
- Cream the butter and sugar till light and creamy.
- Crack an egg and beat it well. Add vanilla extract and desiccated coconut, mix well.
- Add the flour and combine everything well, finally add the Choco chips.
- The sticky dough has to be refrigerated for an hour.
- Take the dough out, make small balls and place them on the parchment lined baking tray.
- Press the cookies slightly with a fork. Give some space between the cookies as these will spread on baking.
- Baking at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Store them in an airtight container after cooling.