This was on my to do list for a long time. Banana bread is a very simple and absolutely delicious cake. You can make it with different flours, use variety of nuts and seeds to make it more healthy. I loved this version of mine that I made very simple with whole wheat and Choco chips.
- Organic Whole wheat flour 1 cup
- Bananas 3 (medium- small size) .. Approx 1/2 cup ripened mashed bananas
- Eggs 2
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Organic cane sugar 1/4- 1/3 cup
- Cinnamon a tiny bit
- Clove 3-4
- Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Chocolate chips 3 tablespoon
- Butter 1/4 cup
- Before using the cane sugar grind it with cinnamon and clove. As the quantity of cinnamon and clove is very little it’s easier to do it this way.
- Sieve the wheat flour with baking powder for 5-6 times.
- Cream the butter and sugar with a hand blender till nice and creamy.
- Crack one egg at a time and blend it well.
- Add vanilla extract and mashed banana and mix well.
- Take a rubber spatula and fold in the whole wheat flour in batches until well combined.
- Scoop it out onto a parchment lined, medium sized loaf tin. Tap it a little, throw in the Choco chips.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack for complete cooling before slicing and enjoying with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Use sugar as per your taste. The small ripened bananas are less sweet than the large bananas. In case you want to make with large bananas, that would be approximately 1 and 1/2 large bananas.
- You can use toasted walnuts or almonds instead of chocolate chips. You may use all of them too! You may fold it in the batter as well to add extra crunch to your bread.
- Store in an airtight container. This stays good outside refrigerator for 3-4 days in a dry to semi dry cool weather. In a humid climate it is better to refrigerate it after one day.
- Cling wrap and refrigerate to retain its moistness. Slice the cake only before consuming. Microwave it for 10-12 seconds before eating, this will make it fresh.