Achari Amaranth Crackers
How about some super healthy and delicious crackers that are very easy to make? Sharing with you all the recipe of Achari Amaranth Crackers which are gluten free and vegan. So many people are following veganism these days. Of late I’m getting numerous requests for vegan replacements or eggless recipe. That’s why I decided to make Achari Amaranth Crackers.
I will try to post more vegan and gluten free recipes, for now you can check some of these that are on the blog
- Spinach tartlets with black chickpeas filling (gluten free vegan)
- Gooey cappuccino banana flour brownies (gluten free)
- Red beaten rice brownies (gluten free)
- Koraishuti’r kochuri inspired momo (gluten free vegan)
- Bengali style baked shingara (vegan)
- Baked bottle gourd koftas (gluten free vegan)
I wanted to bake gluten free and vegan crackers from a very long time. When Pristine Organics sent me few ingredients to try I decided to make achari amaranth cracker just when I found amaranth flour to be one of the ingredient. Pristine Organics is one of the leading organic food brand in India. They have a wide range of organic and also nutritional products to choose from. The amaranth flour was fine but gave a nice earthy and nutty flavor to the crackers. Amaranth is rich in protein and fibre, it is a must to include this amazing grain in our diet. The flour was fresh and it came in a zip lock bag which made it easy to store the excess.
I have used Sesame oil to bake achari amaranth crackers, you can use coconut oil, olive oil.. even butter or ghee for non vegan version. Sesame oil has given the achari amaranth crackers a lovely flavor along with the perfectly roasted and freshly pounded achari spices.
I have baked them with butter and they are very delicious as well. I have also tried baking with equal quantities of wheat flour and amaranth flour which was amazing too.
Have a look at the other cracker recipes
- Tangy tomato crackers
- Wheat and flax seeds cheese crackers
- Chicken crackers
- Baked whole wheat nimki.
How to make Achari Amaranth Crackers
- Amaranth flour 1 cup
- Sesame oil 2 tablespoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Ginger powder 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Water 2 tablespoon or as required
- Pickle spice mix powder 1 teaspoon
Pickle spice to be roasted and ground
- Nigella seeds 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds 1/4 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds 1/8 teaspoon
- Dried red chilly 1
Method to make Achari Amaranth Crackers
- Add all the measured ingredients into a food processor and process to combine.
- The mixture will look like clumpy sand. Take it out on a plate and bring them all together into a dough. The measured quantity of water was enough for me to form the dough but if you find it too dry add a teaspoon of water. Do not be tempted to add more water and make the dough sticky.
- Flatten the dough and place in between parchment paper or baking sheets and roll them thin. Use a cookie cutter to give desired shapes. Prick them with a knife to prevent puffing up while baking.
- Place the crackers on the parchment lined baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn golden.
- Take them out, cool completely on a wire rack. Store in airtight container. Stays fresh for 10days, provided it lasts that long ????