Baked cardamom doughnut
Baked cardamom doughnut is a non yeast doughnut recipe. Made healthy by the use of whole wheat flour, cane sugar and baking them.
Whole wheat cardamom doughnut
How I made baked cardamom doughnut
Baked cardamom doughnut is a simple doughnut recipe which tastes amazing with the flavor from the aromatic cardamom from Emperor Akbar.
Baked cardamom doughnut uses whole wheat flour so the doughnuts aren’t airy but they are soft, moist, fragrant and flavorful.
The recipe uses an egg and yoghurt. Egg is for the texture and yogurt is making the doughnuts soft.
The batter uses less sugar as it’s dusted with cardamon sugar.
I baked in a doughnut pan, you could use a muffin pan for a doughnut like Muffin 😁
If you like the flavor of cardamom, Check this cardamon and saffron flavored cake recipe Kesar pista cake
Whole wheat cardamom doughnuts
Baked cardamom doughnut recipe
Yields : 9 doughnuts
- Whole wheat flour 1 cup
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt a pinch
- Cane sugar 1/4 cup
- Butter 2 tablespoon
- Egg 1
- Curd 1/4 cup
- Cardamon pods 2
- Warm milk 1/2 cup approximately
For cardamon sugar
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Cane sugar 1/4 cup
- cardamon pods 2
How to make baked cardamom doughnut
- First, sieve the dry ingredients- wheat flour, baking powder and salt. Sieve them two times for even mixing.
- Grind Cane sugar with 2 cardamom pods and then mix it with the dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs until it’s fluffy, for about a minute or two. Add yoghurt and milk to the egg mixture and mix it well.
- Add butter to the dry ingredients and rub with fingers until evenly distributed.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine all of it with the help of a spatula. Do not over mix the batter. The batter will be thick. If you find the batter too dry and you aren’t able to mix, you may add a little bit of milk to adjust the consistency.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag or a squeeze bottle and fill 3/4th of the cavities in doughnut pan.
- Bake the doughnuts in a preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown in colour.
- Take the doughnuts out of the pan on a wire rack. After a couple of minutes brush the top with some melted butter and roll on cardamom sugar.
- You can dip the doughnuts in butter. I wanted to use less butter that’s why brushed it. It worked very well for me.
Shop for products
Disclosure- This post contains affiliate links. If you like something and purchase it using a link in this site, Oh So Delish receives a very small commission which helps us to run this site. We recommend products that we use.