Though I love savory bakes more than sweet I end up baking more of sweet than savory. More often than not we happen to associate baking with sweet but there are so many savory dishes that can be baked. Hence I’m sharing the recipe of this really simple baked spicy pudina sticks which is addictive and perfect for the one who loves spicy snacks in the evening. Baked spicy pudina sticks are easy to make and can be stored for a longer time as well.
Few other savory snacks for you to try
- Whole wheat cream crackers
- Achari amaranth crackers
- Whole wheat nimki
- Chicken crackers
- Tangy tomato crackers
- Wheat and flax seeds cheese crackers
How to make baked spicy pudina sticks
- Bengal gram flour (besan) 50g
- Rice flour 25g
- Whole wheat flour 25g
- Ghee 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Cane sugar to balance
- Pudina (mint) chutney 2 tablespoon
- Water 1-2 tablespoon or as required
- Sesame seeds 1-2 teaspoon
- Mint leaves 1 cup
- Ginger a tiny bit
- Garlic 2-3 clove
- Green chillies 2
- Lime juice 1 tablespoon
Preparation of mint chutney
Take the all ingredients mentioned under the ‘ingredients for mint chutney’ in a mixer grinder and grind to a coarse paste. Alternatively you can also use a sil batta(grinding stone) or even a mortar and pestle to make the paste.
Preparation of baked spicy pudina sticks
- First, Seive the besan, rice flour and whole wheat flour.
- Next add ghee and rub to the flour till it appears like coarse sand.
- Then add the pudina chutney, salt, sugar and give it all a mix.
- Slowly add a tablespoon of water to form a soft dough.
- Cover and allow the dough to rest for half an hour in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
- Dust some flour, place a portion of the dough and roll it out.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds and roll lightly over it.
- Cut thin strips (or as you like) using a knife or a pizza cutter.
- Place the strips on the parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 8-10 minutes or until golden from the edges.
- Cool it on a wire rack and store in air tight container for 10 days at room temperature.
Disclosure-The page contains affiliate links. If you happen to make a purchase through the link on this site ohsodelish blog recieves a very small commission at no extra cost to you.