I baked whole wheat Nimkis almost 2-3 months back but found time to post them only now. I bake whole wheat Nimkis every week as it’s such a hit at home and so simple to make, hardly takes 5 minutes for preparations and another 10 minutes for baking. Nimkis are namak para or savory crackers which are traditionally deep fried. Since I’m with the motive of trying out deep fried snacks into a baked one and that’s why this recipe. Do check out my baked snacks recipe-
How I made baked wholewheat nimki
This is Bengali style nimki which are flavored with Nigella seeds, a bit of sugar and salt. A perfect tea time snack, for toddler snack box or to carry during travels as they stay good for a longer periods of time.
Try this simple whole wheat baked nimki recipe. These taste as good as the store bought one’s and I can guarantee you wouldn’t miss the deep fried maida ones.
Let’s have a look at the recipe of this simple baked whole wheat Nimkis, shall we?
- Whole wheat flour 100g
- Cold Butter (cut in small cubes) 25g
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cane sugar 1/2 teaspoon
- Nigella seeds (kalonji/kalo jeere) 1/2 teaspoon
- Water as required to form the dough
- Take whole wheat flour in a wide vessel, add the butter cubes to it.
- Rub the butter to the flour between both the palms till it resembles like coarse sand.
- Add the Nigella seeds, salt and sugar, mix it with the flour.
- Slowly add water as required to form the dough. Form a soft yet stiff dough.
- Keep the dough covered with damp cloth for half an hour.
- Apply some oil on the rolling board, take half portion of the dough,place parchment sheet on the top and roll it thin with a rolling pin.
- Cut small diamonds and place them on the baking tray. Prepare the nimkis in the same manner.
- Check the time and temperature with your oven.
- Do not over bake them.
For any query or recipe request you can comment below.
Happy baking! ????