This was on my to do list for a long time. Banana bread is a very simple and absolutely delicious cake. You can make it with different flours, use variety of dried fruits, nuts and seeds to make it more healthy. I loved this version of mine that I made very simple with whole wheat and dried blueberries.
Do check out the other recipe with bananas
How to make banana bread
- Organic Whole wheat flour 124g (1 cup)
- Ripened mashed Bananas 2 (medium- large size) 150g without skin. Little more than 1/2 cup.
- Eggs 2 large
- Baking powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Organic cane sugar 50g (1/4 cup)
- Cinnamon a tiny bit
- Clove 3-4
- Pure vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon
- Blueberries/walnuts/chocolate chips 1/4 cup
- Cold pressed coconut oil 50 g (1/4 cup)
Note- The exact measurements are in gm. Approximate measurement in cup.
- First grind the cane sugar with cinnamon and clove. As the quantity of cinnamon and clove is very little it’s easier to do it this way.
- Next, Sieve the wheat flour with baking powder for 3-4 times.
- Beat the oil and sugar with a hand blender till it’s smooth and creamy.
- Crack one egg at a time and blend it well.
- Add vanilla extract, mashed banana and mix well.
- Take a rubber spatula and fold in the whole wheat flour in batches until well combined.
- Add blueberries and give it mix. Do not over mix batter.
- Scoop it out onto a parchment lined, medium sized loaf tin (8×2.5″). Tap it a little, throw in some more blueberries.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack for complete cooling before slicing.
- For eggless version use 100 g of thick curd and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
- Use sugar as per your taste. The small ripened bananas are less sweet than the large bananas.
- You can use toasted walnuts, almonds or chocolate chips. You may use all of them too! You may fold it in the batter as well to add extra crunch to your bread.
- You can make it with same quantity butter or other vegetable oil. Coconut oil added a very nice flavor to it.
- Store banana bread in an airtight container. It stays good outside refrigerator for 3 days in a dry to semi dry cool weather. In a humid climate it is better to refrigerate it after one day.
- Cling wrap and refrigerate to retain its moistness. Slice the cake only before consuming. Microwave it for 10-12 seconds before eating, this will make it fresh.