I wanted to munch on something savory which was low on fat and yet tasty as well as healthy. And something that I could store as well. I had boneless chicken in the fridge and I was contemplating on how to use it in some innovative bake. I just had brainwave about making crackers with chicken. I goggled to find out if any recipe is available but there was none. There were packaged chicken crackers sold in many countries which I wasn’t aware of but there was no recipe for the same. This made me all the more excited to try it out.
This is a very simple recipe and I simply loved it, the flavor of chicken in the cracker is just too good and a must try if you love chicken! You can even put different toppings over it to make it more filling for those hunger pangs that strikes anytime of the day or give to your kids for their evening snacks. This would serve as a great appetizer for parties as well. You can add in more butter or ghee if you’re making it for your kids as that would make it all more yummy and they need all the energy????
I posted a video recipe of this for the India’s digital chef contest and you can find the link to that here. If you view the video that would help me progress in the contest.
- Boneless chicken 75g
- Whole wheat flour 100g
- Ginger 1 teaspoon chopped
- Clove 1 teaspoon chopped
- Onion 2 tablespoon chopped
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Water as required
- Flax seeds 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Sesame seeds 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Pressure cook the boneless chicken with a little bit of salt for 1 whistle.
- Once the chicken is cooled down take it in a food processor jar along with onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies. Blitz it for few seconds.
- Take whole wheat flour and rub cold butter in it with your finger tips.
- Pour in the ground chicken, Salt and garam masala powder. Mix it all well with the wheat flour.
- Add in water slowly and bring it all together to form a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth for half an hour.
- Roll the dough thin between two parchment sheet, sprinkle some sesame and flax seeds, lightly roll with the rolling pin.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out the crackers and place on the baking tray.
- Bake the crackers in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn golden.
- Take them out, cool on the cooling rack and it will further turn crisp. Store in airtight container, stays good for 15 days.