Coffee cream brownie cups is a quick, easy, healthy, finger-licking yum dessert for your family that can be made on a weeknight under 30 minutes. The recipe uses a healthy gluten-free box brownie mix that makes the job easier.
What is a brownie mix made of?
Brownie mix is usually made of flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and baking powder or baking soda. To bake brownies all you need to do is add some butter or oil, eggs or egg replacer, and some milk if required and you have the brownie batter ready in a jiffy!
Which is the best box brownie mix?
To make coffee cream brownie cups I have used Mills and Browns brownie mix. I do not promote any ready to make packaged products but Mills and Brown’s baking mixes are not the like regular ones you get in the market. And I found this to be the best box brownie mix for the following reasons
- The products are without refined flour and refined sugar.
- No additives, flavorings, or preservatives.
- All products are gluten-free.
- The brownie mix is made with a combination of raw banana flour, tapioca flour, millet flour, cocoa powder, cane sugar, and leavening agents.
Mills and Brown products do not compromise on the taste and are absolutely safe for kids and perfect for people with gluten allergy to enjoy some absolutely healthy indulging homemade treats.
Where to buy Mills and Browns products?
You can buy the brownie mix from here.
You can buy all the products on Amazon, Flipkart or connect with them on social media to place order.
How to make the best brownies from a box mix?
You can make the best brownies from the box mix by adding flavors like coffee, pure vanilla, peppermint, orange, coconut, dark chocolate or any flavor that goes well with chocolate. you can top up the brownies with peanut butter, chocolate ganache, strawberry compote, coffee frosting, salted caramel, cream cheese frostings the variations are endless.
Can I turn brownie mix into a cake?
Yes you can turn the brownie mix into a cake by reducing the fat and increasing the eggs and also add other liquid ingredients to change the batter consistency to a cake.
How to make box brownies without eggs?
Replace each egg with
- Yogurt-1/4 cup of thick yogurt
- Flax egg– 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of hot water.
- Banana– 1 ripe mashed banana
- Apple sauce– 1/4 cup of apple sauce.
Are homemade brownies better than box?
To me, anything homemade is the best when it comes to eating healthy. However, if you are looking for a quick fix then box brownies from Mills and Browns is the best buy! It is a combination of health with taste.
Make a complete quick weeknight meal with the main course of burnt garlic prawn pasta and coffee cream brownie cups for dessert.
How to make coffee cream brownie cups?
Coffee cream brownie cups
- muffin tray
- 2 eggs (95g) without shell
- 1 ⅔ cup box brownie mix (200g)
- ½ cup butter (100g) melted
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh cream (60g)
- 1/3 cup cane sugar (70g)
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee powder
- few drops of vanilla extract (optional)
Preparation of Coffee sauce/cream
- In a bowl take fresh cream, powdered cane sugar, instant coffee powder and vanilla extract. Use a hand blender or a wire whisk and beat everything to a smooth creamy sauce.
- Store the coffee cream in the fridge until required.
Preparation of brownie cups
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree celcius.
- Next, beat the eggs with a whisk for a minute. Not required to double in volume.
- Then, add the brownie mix, instant coffee powder and melted butter. Use a wire whisk to give it a good mix until everything is well combined into a thick batter.
- Spoon the batter into muffin tray, filling only 3/4th of each cavity.
- Bake the brownies for 15 minutes at 180 degrees celcius.
- When tested for doneness their will be batter stuck to the toothpick and thats the way it is suppose to be. Don't be tempted to overbake them. the brownies will loose its fudgy texture and become more cake like.
- Once you take out the muffin tray press the top of the brownies with the back of the spoon to form brownie cups. Allow the brownies to remain in the tray for 5 minutes.
- Take out the brownies from the tin by running over a sharp knife along the edges.
- Fill up the brownie cups with coffee cream while it is warm or you can wait for the brownies to cool down and then fill it with coffee cream.
- The recipe makes 6 medium-sized brownie cups and 2 small sized ones.
- Eggs in the recipe can be replaced with an equal quantity of yogurt/apple sauce/banana/flax meal.
- You can reduce the quantity of butter in the recipe with an equal amount of milk.
- You can make the brownies with a combination of butter and oil.
- For vegan version- replace butter with any flavorless oil. Fresh cream with coconut cream.
- The brownies can be made in the brownie pan of a 6x6inch size.
Step by step of how to make coffee cream brownie cups
Beat the eggs with a whisk. Take the brownie mix and add to the beaten eggs. I have used coffee powder in the brownie batter to enhance the flavor of chocolate.
Add melted butter or oil and give everything a good mix until it is all combined well to a thick batter.
Scoop out the batter into the muffin pan, fill only 3/4th of each cavity. Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
Meanwhile make the coffee cream by taking fresh cream, cane sugar, coffee powder, and vanilla extract. beat everything till you get a nice creamy mixture. Store the cream in the refrigerator until used.
Take out the muffin tray and do the toothpick test. It will have batter stuck to it and that’s perfectly alright.
Once you take out the muffin tray press the top of each muffin with a spoon to form muffin cups.
Allow the brownies to remain in the tray for 5 mins, the heat will let the brownies to cook completely and also result in a fudgy texture.
Take out the brownies from the pan by running over a sharp knife along the edges.
If you like your brownies warm like I do then fill it up with the cream and enjoy. Otherwise, allow the brownies to come to room temperature and later fill it up with the coffee cream and top with some hazelnuts or choco chips if you like and enjoy!
Nothing makes me happier than seeing your creations 🙂 when you try out the recipe do share your pictures with me on social media. Also, take a few minutes to rate the recipe and leave your feedback in the comment section below. That would keep me motivated to create more useful content for you 🙂 Thank you very much. Happy Baking! 🙂
Disclosure- This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you happen to make a purchase through the link I receive a commission at no extra cost to you.