The post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy.
Brookies are a great invention for a cookie and brownie lover. you get both in one! These brookies are moist, delicious, and oh so chocolatey that you cannot stop with one.
The gluten-free eggless brookies are very healthy, unlike the usual ones that are made with all-purpose flour, loaded with sugar. This recipe of brookie is low in calories as the amount of sugar and butter is less here, yet it is absolutely yum!
Many people are looking for eggless options these days and so I created an eggless version of brookies after a few trial I got the exact texture I was looking for.
Few eggless baked goodies that you will love
Peanut butter has upped the flavor of the brookies here. I could easily drizzle the peanut butter that I used from Deus. The Deus peanut butter is super healthy and extremely delicious made with cane jaggery, cold pressed coconut butter, crunch from roasted chia seeds and garden cress seeds. Incase you are using some other peanut butter that is thick, mix it up with heated cream cream and make it into sauce consistency to drizzle.
Ingredients to make Eggless gluten-free Brookies
Cane sugar is used here. Any sweetener of your choice can be used.
Butter is used here and I recommend using that unless you’re making a dairy free version where you can replace butter with coconut oil and that would give the brookies a coconuty flavour.
Good quality dark chocolate is very important for the taste of brookies. Do not use compound chocolate here.
Natural unsweetened cocoa powder is used here. Any good-quality cocoa powder can be used.
Some easy gluten-free baked snacks recipes to try
How to make Eggless Glutenfree brookies
Gluten free brookies
- 70 g sorghum flour (jowar flour)
- 15 g cocoa powder (1/4 cup)
- 70 g cane sugar 1/3 cup
- 30 g dark chocolate
- 50 g butter 1/4 cup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp milk as required
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (optional) to drizzle on the top
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree celisius. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift in the sorghum flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler.Mix the cane sugar with the melted mixture.
- Add the liquid mix to the dry mix. Add half the amount of chocolate chips.
- Bring together to form a soft and smooth dough. Use milk as required to form the dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes so it is easier to make balls out of them. If you dont wish to chill, you can bake them directly.
- Make equal sized balls and place on the parchment lined baking tray keeping a distance of 2 inch apart each other as the brookies tend to spread. Place the rst of the chocolate chips on the balls and flatten them lightly.
- Bake the brookies for 12 minutes ONLY. The brookies may look soft and undone but dont be tempted to overbake them or they will turn crispy.
- Transfer the brookies to wire rack to cool completely and then store them in an airtight container.
- At the time of serving drizzle some peanut butter on the top.
Nothing makes me happier than seeing your creations 🙂 when you try out the recipe do share your pictures with me on social media. Also, take a few minutes to rate the recipe and leave your feedback in the comment section below. That would keep me motivated to create more useful content for you 🙂 Thank you very much. Happy Baking! 🙂