A gluten free brownie recipe which is absolutely yummy! I made this Gooey cappuccino banana flour brownies for the Belly Nirvana campaign organised by Plattershare in association with placeoforigin.in.
I have used raw banana flour earlier but always in combination with other flours. This time I thought I will use it as it is and what better way to experiment other than brownies. Healthy snack being the theme for the campaign, healthy gluten free brownies seemed to be perfect. It is always safe to try a new ingredient in a brownie as the probability of it turning bad is quite less. Though I didn’t expect this to turn out so good, infact nobody can make out the difference! It’s as good as brownies made with all purpose flour. I’m not exaggerating here.
I have used Natirèl raw Banana flour here. Raw Banana flour in itself doesn’t have any flavor as this is made from the unripe bananas which are peeled, dried and powdered.
Natirèl raw Banana flour is highly nutriticious and is high in dietary fiber, potassium and vitamin B 6. It is perfect for those counting calories and a great choice for those with gluten intolerantance. Other benefits are it improves fat burning, metabolism, aids weight loss and lowers cholesterol levels. Natirèl raw Banana flour has a light and airy texture and very much similar to whole wheat flour. So it can be used in combination with wheat flour in cakes and cookies with great end results.
Do check out my other banana flour recipe banana and almond flour coconut cookies.
Check out other brownie recipes
Recipe of gooey cappuccino banana flour brownies
- Natirèl raw Banana flour 50g
- Eggs 2
- Cane sugar 90g
- Dark chocolate 140 g
- Coffee powder 1 tablespoon
- Water 1 tablespoon
- Butter 60 g
- Chocolate chips 1/4 cup (optional)
- Double boil the butter and chocolate or microwave it for 30 seconds. Mix both together to form a chocolate sauce.
- Mix coffee powder in hot water and keep aside.
- Beat the eggs till light and fluffy for about three minutes. Add the sugar till creamy, for two minutes.
- Add the melted chocolate-butter mixture and coffee, mix well.
- Fold in the banana flour with light hands. Do not over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into a parchment lined baking tray. Throw in the Choco chips. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degree Celsius for 30 minutes.
- Do not over bake, after 25 minutes check with a tooth pick if the crumbs stick to the tooth pick it’s perfectly done. Like cakes, brownies don’t come out clean on toothpick. If you let it bake for some more time it looses the fudgy gooey texture of brownies.
- Use a parchment or baking sheet to bake brownies because they tend to stick to the tin even if your baking dish is properly greased.
- When your brownie is out hot from the oven just bring both sides of the parchment sheet towards each other to achieve this lovely crinckled top. This has to be done when the brownie are hot.
- Use good quality coffee and dark chocolate of above 50% cocoa for rich flavor and taste.
Shop for products
Raw banana flour
Disclosure – this post contains affiliate links. If you like something that we have recommended and make a purchase using the link in the site , Oh So Delish recieves a very small commission at no extra cost to you. This will help us run the site. Thank you.