This is the simplest chicken recipe you’d ever come across with the least number of ingredients, only four! Yes you read it right, Methi Dana Doi murghi has only four ingredients. The recipe is a perfect summer recipe and it is absolutely delightful. You would be amazed how only four ingredients can lead to such a delicious chicken recipe. You have to try the simplest methi Dana doi murghi recipe to truly believe the magic created by only four ingredients. The recipe is heirloom one that was made by my maternal grandmum. This was a family favorite back home! All you need is some steamed rice or phulkas to enjoy this.
The recipe is perfect for summer because of the ingredients like curd, fenugreek seeds and onions which are known for their cooling properties. And the recipe is hassle free so you don’t need much time in front of the stove. Because during summers we wish to eat light food and also recipes that aren’t elaborate to cook. So before this summer ends try this delicious and healthy methi Dana doi murghi recipe and thank me later.
Do check out the other simple and delightful summer recipe lau er kofta with baked koftas.
- Chicken 500g
- Parboiled Potatoes 2 large
- Curd 1 cup
- Onions 2 large or 3 medium sized
- Fenugreek seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried red chillies 5-6
- Ghee 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken with curd and salt for 2-3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Peel the onions and cut into four, take little water in a pan. Cover and cook the onions on a medium flame till it soften up, takes about 7-8 minutes.
- Allow the cooked onions to cool down then grind to a fine paste in mixer grinder.
- In a Kadai heat ghee, add fenugreek seeds and dried red chillies. Once the fragrance of fenugreek seeds comes add the ground onions. Saute them for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken with the curd, mix everything well. Cover and cook the chicken till it’s half done. Now add the parboiled potatoes and cook until everything is done.
- It will totally take around 20-25 minutes on a low flame. In between you can check on it and give a stir. The chicken will get cooked in the water from the curd. Incase you want more runny gravy you can add some warm water.
- Serve hot with rice or phulka for a hearty summer meal.
- Take care not to burn the fenugreek seeds, being the main flavoring agent it will spoil the taste of the dish.
- This tastes even better on the next day. Can be stored in refrigerator for 2 days and it would still taste awesome.