Tired of baking banana bread? Looking for something new to do with bananas? Try this easy peasy peanut butter banana brownies. An easy one bowl brownie recipe with minimal ingredients.
How I made peanut butter banana brownies
To make peanut butter banana brownies I used some very ripe bananas, good quality cocoa powder, wholewheat flour, cane sugar, butter and some peanut butter to swirl on the top.
If you love brownies try these
How to make peanut butter banana brownies
- Mashed bananas 200g (approximately 2 medium sized bananas)
- Butter 100g (1/2 cup)
- Wholewheat flour 80g (2/3cup)
- Cane sugar 130g (2/3 cup)
- Cocoa powder 30g (1/4cup)
- Vanilla extract 1/4 teaspoon
- Unsweetened Peanut butter 50g (1/4 cup)
Note-The exact measurements are in grams. Approximate measurements in cup.
- First mash the bananas well with a fork.
- Next add in the sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Seive the wheat flour with cocoa powder twice and add to the liquid ingredients.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients with a spatula until well combined. Do not over mix. The batter is of thick consistency.
- Pour the batter into a parchment lined 8×8 inch square pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Now drop spoonfuls of peanut butter over the brownie.
- Use a knife or a toothpick and move back and forth over it till you get nice swirl pattern.
- Bake the brownie in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 30 minutes. This brownie took a little longer than the other brownies that I have baked.
- The brownies will be soft when hot and will firm up on cooling.
- The recipe can be easily made vegan by replacing butter with coconut oil.
- The mentioned quantity of banana is weighed without skin. If you are reducing the amount of banana, add some milk or water to adjust the batter consistency.
- Remember to not over crowd the peanut butter drops or you’ll not get a good pattern.
- Always use parchment sheet or butter paper while making brownies.
- Use good quality cocoa powder.
- Check the time and temperature with your oven.