Whole wheat cream crackers
The whole wheat cream crackers will be your perfect tea time partner if you love savory biscuits with tea. It is so simple to put together with easily available ingredients. Crackers are a great inbetween meal snacks and what best when it’s home baked! These wheat cream crackers are versatile and can be served in parties or to picnics. When served with some dip and topping the wheat cream crackers would be a star appetizer of your house party I can guarantee that!
How I made wheat cream crackers
The recipe has cream, wheat flour, butter, salt and pepper. I have used home made fresh cream here. You can use store bought one as well.
I have flavored it with a little bit of pepper as I wanted to keep it plain. You are free to flavor it as per your liking.
Few other cracker recipes that you might like
How to make wheat cream crackers
- Fresh cream 50g (room temperature)
- Wheat flour 100g
- Butter 15g (cold)
- Pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- First take cold butter and rub it to the wheat flour with finger tips till it appears like sand.
- Add pepper and salt.
- Finally add the cream slowly to form a firm dough. The dough shouldn’t be too tight or too soft. Do not knead the dough, simply bring it all together.
- Refrigerate the dough for half an hour, this helps in enhancing the flavors.
- Take small portions of the dough, roll them out thin, cut using cutters, prick them with a fork and place on parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160-180 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool them on cooling rack and store in an airtight container. Remains fresh for a week at room temperature.
- I have rolled the crackers thin, you can roll it to medium thickness as per your liking. Baking time will change with that.
- These gets done quickly so keep an eye on them. Do not over bake. Once the edges start turning golden they are done. The crackers are lighter in colour because of the use of cream.