Combination of coconut and Orange is a match made in heaven! Coconut Orange cranberry cake is really moist with great texture and absolutely flavorful. The sweetness of the cake is balanced with tanginess from the dried cranberries. A very healthy cake made with combination of sorghum flour (jowar atta), amaranth flour (rajgira atta) and whole wheat flour. The cake looks bright and beautiful too!
Few healthy cakes made with combination of flours
How to make coconut orange cranberry cake
- Wheat flour 1/2 cup (64g)
- Sorghum flour 1/4 cup (32g)
- Amaranth flour 1/4 cup (32g)
- Orange marmalade 3 tablespoon
- Warm water 2-3 tablespoon approx, just enough to dissolve the marmalade.
- Orange zest 1 teaspoon
- Cane sugar 1/2 cup (60g) check notes
- Desiccated coconut 1/3 cup (20g)
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Egg 1 check notes
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Dried cranberries 1/4 cup
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Salt a pinch
- First soak the desiccated coconut in warm milk for half an hour.
- Sieve all the flours with baking powder and salt for 5-6 times.
- Mix Orange marmalade in warm water and keep aside.
- Beat egg till it doubles in volume.
- Add sugar to this and beat till light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, oil, water-Orange marmalade mixture.
- Add flours and milk-coconut mixture alternatively.
- Fold them lightly until they are well incorporated, do not over mix.
- Batter will be of pouring consistency.
- Pour in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle cranberries on the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- I love baking using combination of flours for my bakes, you may use only wheat flour or Maida. Change in flours will reduce the quantity of liquid ingredients so use accordingly.
- Seiving multiple times will give a soft and spongy cake so do not avoid that.
- Good quality orange marmalade is important for a beautiful flavor.
- The amount of sugar required will depend on the sweetness of the marmalade used.
- Use little milk if the batter is too dry.
- Replace the egg with 1/4 cup curd for eggless version.
- Check the baking time and temperature with your oven.
Disclaimer- The post contains affiliate links. We recommend products that we like and use. If you make a purchase through the link on this site ohsodelish blog recieves a very small commission at no extra cost to you.